Friday, July 2, 2010

This week's news

Big news for today - Macie rolled over for the first time!!! I was changing her diaper in the back of my car, when she decided to flip over and thus ended up mooning the mall parking lot:) Trish and I were so excited that we were jumping and cheering. So anyone passing by would see a naked baby's butt and two grown women cheering! Anyways, she did it again once I put a diaper on her and several more times since we got home (both to the left and right side).
In other news, we went swimming on Wednesday with Andrea, Avery and Dean. The pool we were at had a big slide that Andrea's nephew's were sliding down. Dean was taking Warren down the slide and would hold him up when they hit the water so his face wouldn't go in. But Warren kept wanting to go by himself like the big boys. So finally I let him, thinking just let him get it out of his system and he won't want to do it anymore. He slid down, hit the water, went under and got scooped up by Dean. When he came up, he didn't cry but had a look like "that's not what I was expecting!". He then got out of the pool, walked around a little and went right back to the slide! No hanging out in the shallow end for this little man:)

Yesterday I was cleaning the kitchen and Warren was playing on the back porch. He kept telling me "bug, bug, bug", which I replied "yes buddy, I'm sure there's bugs out there". Then I looked up to see him holding a huge beetle! It then moved it's legs and he freaked out and threw it. Riley then chased it and Warren wanted it back. So the two of them were running all over the porch trying to catch a beetle. Pretty entertaining stuff:)

"What? Grits are messy, mom!"

Teaching Macie all about tummy time

Trying to teach Warren how a camera works:)

Who needs a hat, when you have a huge flower that blocks all sunlight:)

0 comments: